For many individuals and couples, surrogacy can be a great way of creating or growing a family. However, due to a lack of clear information available, it can unfortunately also be a very confusing, stressful and sometimes painful time for intended parents.
In this free event – the first of two seminars aimed at the LGBT community – Kuits family law and surrogacy expert Michael Gregory and specialist barrister Marisa Allman will be looking in detail at the surrogacy process from start to finish, covering all of the practicalities and things you may have not thought about.
This informal event will cover:
- The different types of surrogacy arrangement options
- What is legal and what isn’t
- The importance of Parental Orders and how to obtain one
- What to know if your surrogacy arrangements include an international element
- How to plan your surrogacy journey
- Who can provide support along the way
- Planning for the future, including financial protection
This event is for anyone thinking about alternative routes into parenthood, those who may have already embarked on the process, and professionals also working within the field.
This is a two-part series. Details of the second event on donor-conceived children can be found here.