When looking to start or grow a family, many individuals and couples consider sperm or egg donation as a potential option.
In this free event – the second of two seminars aimed at the LGBT community – Kuits family law expert Michael Gregory and specialist barrister Marisa Allman will be covering everything intended parents need to know about the process of donor-conceived children.
You will also be lucky enough to hear from a parent who has been through the process themselves, who will share their experience, joys and challenges with the group.
This informal event will cover:
- Decision-making around who the child’s biological and gestational parents are going to be
- Who the child’s legal parents are going to be and parental responsibility
- How legal parentage can be obtained
- The option of co-parenting and what this entails
- The possible risks and how to avoid them
- Planning for the future, including financial protection
This event is for anyone thinking about alternative routes into parenthood, those who may have already embarked on the process, and professionals working within the field.
This is a two-part series. Details of the initial event on surrogacy can be found here.